Mission: The mission of the Ohio Navigator Network of the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) is to provide an open forum to enhance the professional development of navigators in Ohio through professional educational opportunities, knowledge, and collaborative networking while providing advocacy for patients, their families, and caregivers. This forum of Ohio navigators will provide the highest quality of navigation services through the cancer care continuum using evidence-based practices to ensure improved patient outcomes in survivorship and cancer care.
Vision: The vision of the Ohio Navigator Network of AONN+ is to build partnership, advocacy and collaboration between patients and oncology disciplines to meet local disparities and reduce barriers to care resulting in better customer experiences and outcomes through and beyond cancer treatment for patients and their loved ones.
- Recruit 10 to 15 AONN+ members to the Ohio Navigator Network of AONN+ within the next year
- Hold quarterly meetings, virtually or in-person, with educational opportunities, individual presentations, and data presentations
- Provide supportive services for members in the areas of handling work-related stress, anger/grief management, balancing work and personal time for wellness, and goal setting to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Participate as a local organization of oncology navigators at community events to promote health screening guidelines and knowledge about the role of navigation
- Advocate for the role of navigation within interdisciplinary team
- Provide opportunities for networking and sharing of best practices
- Improve communication and collaboration with oncology navigators within Ohio
- Send two (2) local representatives to AONN+ Annual conference
- Provide AONN+ updates from meetings/interactions on a quarterly basis
- Provide AONN+ a list of all members within the Ohio chapter with contact information