In partnership with Conquer
magazine, the Hero of Hope Patient Award annually recognizes an individual whose life is touched by cancer for his or her outstanding contributions to the cancer community.
The recipient of the Hero of Hope Patient Award will receive a $1,000 donation made to his or her chosen charity, a plaque, a feature in Conquer: the journey informed™, and a nontransferable travel, accommodation, and registration to the AONN+ Annual Conference.
Award consideration is based on the following. Nominee must be:
- A patient with cancer, a fighter, or survivor
- An individual who spearheads fundraising activities for the cancer community
- A leader with impactful contributions to his or her association/organization
- A role model to other people with cancer and survivors
- An individual who exudes extraordinary spirit, grace, and optimism in the face of adversity
The Hero of Hope nominations must be made by a caregiver, friend, family member, or healthcare professional. The top nominees will be determined by the AONN+ Leadership Council and the Editorial Board of Conquer: the journey informed™ magazine.
As a recipient of the Hero of Hope Award, your story may appear in Conquer: the journey informed™ in print and online. By accepting the award, you hereby grant us permission to share your story with our readers.