The 2022 AONN+ Midyear Conference will be held LIVE with a virtual simulcast for those who cannot join in person! The event will occur on May 11-15 in Austin, TX, and will include informative sessions featuring high-level faculty, engaging disease state discussions, practical solutions to daily navigation challenges, and accredited content.
Conferences are an excellent training opportunity and should offer a great return on your investment. We are here to help you justify your time away from work and attendance-related expenses to get approval and support from your institution!
One of the best ways to convey the value that can be gleaned from a conference is to connect your facility’s goals to the educational opportunities offered at the conference. Make a strong case with your supervisor for attending the 2022 AONN+ Midyear Conference by explaining the return your facility would gain from investing in your attendance.
Here are some tips to help you get approval:
- Analyze the conference agenda to see how it can address your cancer program’s current needs and plans for growth
- Present a cost estimate, which includes your registration fee and other expenses
- Refer a colleague and/or set up a process to ensure work coverage during your time at the conference
- Get your supervisor involved by asking their recommendation on special events and sessions for you to attend
- If you have attended an AONN+ conference in the past, explain to your supervisor how the education and professional development you have gained benefited your facility’s program and your patients
Below you’ll find "justification letter” templates—letters to your supervisor explaining all the benefits you’ll receive from attending the 2022 AONN+ Midyear Conference, either in person or virtually.