The 2020 AONN+ Annual Conference is converting to a virtual experience! This is an exciting addition to the Academy’s expanding capabilities, and another valuable way to gain new insights and earn CEUs. The event will occur as scheduled on November 4-8, and will continue to feature a robust agenda to enhance your professional development and help you provide better patient care.
Conferences are an excellent training opportunity and should offer a great return on your investment. However, getting approval to attend can sometimes be a challenge. In most circumstances, the right approach can help you justify your time away from work, travel expenses, and all relevant conference fees. We know you’re busy, so we thought we would help!
One of the best ways to convey the value that can be gleaned from a conference is to connect your facility’s goals to the educational opportunities offered at the conference. Make a strong case with your supervisor for attending the 2020 AONN+ Annual Conference by explaining the return your facility would gain from investing in your attendance.
Here are some tips to help you get approval:
- Analyze the conference agenda to see how it can address your cancer program’s current needs and plans for growth
- Present a cost estimate, which includes your registration fee and other expenses
- Underscore your opportunity to earn valuable continuing education units (CEUs) for your attendance
- Refer a colleague and/or set up a process to ensure work coverage during your time at the conference
- Get your supervisor involved by asking their recommendation on special events and sessions for you to attend
- If you have attended an AONN+ conference in the past, explain to your supervisor how the education and professional development you have gained benefited your facility’s program and your patients
Below, you’ll find a "justification letter” template—a letter to your supervisor explaining all the benefits you’ll receive from attending the 2020 AONN+ Annual Conference. Simply customize your letter and submit to your supervisor today!