Justify Your Attendance
Conferences are an excellent training opportunity and should offer a great return on your investment. However, getting approval to attend can sometimes be a challenge. In most circumstances, the right approach can help you justify your time away from work, travel expenses, and all relevant conference fees. We know you’re busy, so we thought we would help!
One of the best ways to convey the value that can be gleaned from a conference is to connect your facility’s goals to the educational opportunities offered at the conference. Make a strong case with your supervisor for attending the AONN+ Ninth Annual Navigation & Survivorship Conference by explaining the return your facility would gain from investing in your attendance.Here are some additional tips to help you get approval:
- Analyze the conference agenda to see how it can address your cancer program’s present needs and plans for growth
- Present a cost estimate, which includes your registration fee, transportation, accommodations, and other expenses. Conference attendees get a FREE 1-year AONN+ membership. Early access rates available until August 31, 2018
- Underscore your opportunity to earn up to 17 CEUs for your attendance
- Refer a colleague and/or set up a process to ensure work coverage during your time at the conference
- Get your supervisor involved by asking their recommendation on special events and sessions for you to attend
- If you have attended an AONN+ conference in the past, explain to your supervisor how the education and professional development you have gained benefited your facility’s program and your patients
Below, you’ll find a "justification letter” template—a letter to your supervisor explaining all the benefits you’ll receive from attending the Ninth Annual Navigation & Survivorship Conference. Simply customize your letter, then print out the conference agenda and submit it with your letter to your supervisor today!