Mission: The mission of the Upstate South Carolina Navigator Network of the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) is to provide an open forum to enhance the professional development of all local navigator member professionals through shared educational opportunities, knowledge, networking, collaboration, advocacy, and outreach. This forum of professionals will provide the highest quality of navigation services from screening through survivorship.
Vision: The vision of the Upstate South Carolina Navigator Network of AONN+ is to build partnerships among local oncology nurses and patient navigators to utilize shared knowledge, expertise, resources, networking, and education to meet the local needs of the patients and survivors served by these professionals, and provide excellence of care.
- Hold quarterly meetings with education opportunities, individual presentations, and data presentations in Upstate South Carolina
- Build a list of best practices to be shared with AONN+ community through journal articles
- Participate as a local organization of oncology navigators at a community event to promote health-screening guidelines and knowledge about the role of a navigator
- Send 2 local representatives to the Annual AONN+ Conference
- Champion AONN+ and the local Navigator Network within your region
- Provide AONN+ updates from meetings/interactions on a quarterly basis
- Provide AONN+ a list of all members within the local Navigator Network with contact information
- All Navigator Network /members will be listed on the AONN+ website for members only
Navigator Network Leaders: