Mission: The mission of the Long Island Navigator Network of AONN+ is to provide networking opportunities, education and support among local oncology navigators, and to share best practices, promote professional development, and improve patient experiences.
Vision: The vision of the Long Island Navigator Network of AONN+ is to share values and develop relationships with navigators, as well as offer education and support.
- To work together with community professionals and organizations to increase awareness of the navigation profession.
- To facilitate regularly scheduled meetings, communications, and ensure networking opportunities among local navigator network members.
- To expand opportunities to provide educational support and resources to the local community.
- Members will include nurses, social workers, lay navigators, financial counselors, case managers, paraprofessionals, and medical professionals
- The Long Island Navigator Network chapter will meet quarterly (April, July, October, January) at 5:30 PM (location TBD)
- No annual dues will be required for membership
Navigator Network Leader:Linda Bily, MA, CSA, OPN-CG
Office of Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator, Community Engagement and Advocacy
Adjunct Professor, Medical Humanities, Compassionate Care & Bioethics
Stony Brook Cancer Center | Stony Brook University