Mission: The mission of the North Texas Regional Navigator Network of AONN+ is to support the national AONN+ mission to advance the role of patient navigation in cancer care and survivorship planning by providing a network for collaboration and development of best practices for the improvement of patient access to care and quality of life.
Vision: The vision of the North Texas Regional Navigator Network of AONN+ aligns with the national AONN+ vision to increase the role of and access to personal advocacy.
- To promote education and professional development of oncology navigation in the North Texas region
- To support our local members as they strive to improve patient care outcomes
- To promote patient access to navigation and survivorship services throughout the cancer continuum
- To provide opportunities in both mentoring and sharing best practices to new nurse navigators
- To share navigation tools that promote effectiveness, efficiency and measurability for navigators to use while caring for their patient populations
- To maintain regularly scheduled meetings, communications, and promote networking opportunities among local Navigator Network members
- To facilitate opportunities to provide educational support and resources to the local community within the North Texas region
- Each member of the North Texas Regional Navigator Network of AONN+ will be a member of the national AONN+.
- There will be no local dues required for membership in the North Texas Regional Chapter of AONN+.
- North Texas Regional Navigator Network of AONN+ meetings will be held quarterly at 6PM. (Location to be determined)
- The local chapter quarterly meeting is comprised of a business meeting, networking opportunity, and educational presentation. One of the scheduled quarterly meetings will be held during the annual AONN+ conference.
Navigator Network Leaders:
Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Medical City Dallas
Office: (972) 556-2629 | Mobile: (214) 769-6191
Medical City Health