Mount Auburn Hospital
RN Navigator Mount Auburn Hospital Cambridge, MA Responsibilities:
- Acts as a patient liaison and performs program participation selection, invitation, scheduling and outreach.
- The Patient Navigator oversees all efforts related to guiding patients and families through the screening, enrollment and appointment process.
- Schedules appointments and diagnostic studies and tracks status of patients in database.
- Plans and develops patient-centered programs. Reinforces patient education and directs patients and families to available resources and supportive services.
- Develops and drives initiatives to eliminate barriers to care.
- Establishes processes and standards that ensure consistent and optimal patient navigation.
- Enrolls patients into pancreatic and liver lesion screening program and responds to questions appropriately.
- Maintains a level of knowledge to discuss benefits and harms of pancreas and liver screening, colonoscopy.
- Communicates with referring physicians regarding patient appropriateness for program and coordinates information with referral services.
- Acts as a liaison between Gastroenterology and Surgery, and other physician practices and hospital departments. Understands, facilitate and communicates effectively with these entities as it relates to each patient.
- Performs Patient Follow up Management for patients already screened, uses database to ensure appropriate follow up appointments are scheduled and kept as recommended.
- Ensures referring physicians are updated about their patient’s progress in the program in cooperation with treating physician.
- Manages all aspects of the GI cancer database including inputting patient screening data, patient letters, data entry input of all patient management activities, statistical reporting.
- Works closely with Radiology IT with database design, enhancement and maintenance. Is responsible for reporting database maintenance issues to Radiology IT for resolution.
- Provides updates on program activity, statistics and recommendations for program enhancements.
- Serves as an active member of the GI cancer screening working group and the GI cancer screening steering committee.
- Presents program updates and data at conferences and meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates GI cancer screening Steering Committee meetings to include setting agenda and documentation of meeting discussion.
- Recommends and implements program guidelines. Develops required tools, forms, training materials, etc.
- Helps to prepare and submit materials to the Institutional Review Board as required.
- Works closely with communications and marketing to promote program outreach.
- Attends relevant conferences and meetings. Keeps abreast of current literature and keeps current of industry practice standards.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meet and exceed the needs of our customers and consistently adhere to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and completes Mandatory Education.
- Assists with the rectal cancer program and the National Accreditation process.
- Performs all other duties as needed.
- Baccalaureate degree
- Strong customer service skills required
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of computer systems, Microsoft Office- Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive, relevant experience in a healthcare environment
- Previous experience in Gastroenterology, Surgery, Oncology or Diagnostic Imaging required
Apply online directly at: Mount Auburn Hospital. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.