Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center
RN - A - ACI Navigation
Avera Cancer Institute Navigation Center Registered Nurse (RN) **Rotating, Monday-Friday, between 7:00am-6:00pm, occas wknd/hol/call-time; 80hrs/2wks Be part of a complimentary oncology department designed to meet the needs of community members, patients, loved ones, and healthcare providers. Offers flexibility to change and adapt services in a way that make the most impact on the communities and patients we serve. Individualized support and education via phone to anyone touched by cancer is designed to meet the needs of our rural population. Participate in establishing criteria/expectations for care and share ideas about expanding our services. Our Navigation Center, located in the Avera Cancer Institute within the beautiful Prairie Center, provides one-to-one services to guide, educate, and support patients and their loved ones regardless of where they live or receive care. If you are looking for a unique way to support those affected by cancer, this may be the role for you! POSITION HIGHLIGHTS:
- What is Navigation?
- Navigation makes a difference in patients' lives!
- Fantastic Team Atmosphere.
- Excellent Management Support - your opinion is valued!
- Remotely serve patients and teams at all six Avera Cancer Institutes in the Avera footprint.
- Assist individuals with all types of cancers by providing support and education.
- Participate in community events and educate on cancer prevention and screening.
- Provide outbound calls and nursing assessments to individuals in active treatment through partnership with the physicians of the oncology service line.
- Hours: Eight-hour day shifts within time frame of 7am – 6pm with remote on-call/ after-hours/weekend involvement. Full-Time and Part-Time opportunities.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable
- Education and Certification: Access to free continuing education opportunities. CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota required within 90 days of hire
- Navigator certification preferred, or in agreement to work towards certification
ACI, Sioux Falls, SD
Apply online directly: Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center
About the Company
Avera Cancer Institute, no matter where you live throughout the Upper Midwest, get expert, comprehensive cancer care at one of Avera Cancer Institute’s six regional centers or 40 outreach sites in South Dakota and surrounding states. As an Avera Cancer Institute patient, you’ll enjoy easy referral and seamless access to a wide range of cancer specialists and services located throughout our extensive Avera system. You’ll experience coordinated care and the same high level of quality no matter which Avera Cancer Institute location you visit. Expert Cancer Care Find the latest in technology and expert providers at Avera Cancer Institute. Learn more about the advanced cancer treatments you can receive. Comfort in Care From custom-made chemotherapy chairs with heat and massage to inspiring artwork, you’ll enjoy a relaxing atmosphere at each Avera Cancer Institute location, designed to help you reduce stress so you can focus on healing.