Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU)
Nurse Navigator for Rectal Cancer Program
The Rectal Cancer Program Nurse Navigator is a new position created to develop and grow our existing rectal cancer treatment program. The nurse coordinator will be responsible for coordinating comprehensive care for rectal cancer patients and will be a key contributor to achieving accreditation for the rectal cancer program at OHSU.
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Degree from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse License
- BLS at time of hire and must be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA (upload documentation with online application)
- BLS must not expire during orientation or probation period, and must have the same expiration date (upload documentation with online application)
- Communication skills including fluency in oral and written English.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to send/receive email, navigate information technology associated with the position, and use Electronic Health Record information and tools.
- Knowledge of ACS-COC National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer guidelines.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in a variety of collaborative settings.
- Triage skills
- Demonstrated experience in patient and family education, including development of teaching materials
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership ability demonstrated by role modeling
- Professional demeanor
- Current CPR Certification
Constant exposure to usual hospital environmental conditions including possible exposure to blood and body fluids for which staff is provided education and protective equipment to minimize risk.
Physical Demands and Equipment Usage
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, pull and walk throughout the work period.
- Must be able to use all senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and speaking.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs.
To express interest in this opportunity, log into www.ohsujobs.edu and enter Job ID# IRC79968. Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.
About the Company
Oregon Health & Science University is a nationally prominent research university and Oregon's only public academic health center. U.S. News and World Report has named OHSU Hospital the No.1 Hospital in Oregon. We educate health professionals and scientists and provide leading-edge patient care, community service and biomedical research. OHSU employees are Torchbearers. It’s not only a job, it's a calling.