Tampa General Hospital
Cancer Patient Service Line Navigators - Hematology Oncology Clinic
Tampa General Hospital (TGH), located on beautiful Davis Islands in downtown Tampa, FL, is one of the largest and most comprehensive medical centers in Florida. TGH is a level I Trauma Center and a certified Regional Burn Center that excels in the care of critically ill patients. TGH is seeking Cancer Patient Service Line Navigators for the Hematology Oncology Clinic.
- Provides education, acts as a liaison with the patient, physician, family, other health care personnel, hospital administration, agencies and community groups throughout the patient's hospital stay or service.
- Supports and guides patient and family in the health care decision-making process including but not limited to admissions, diagnostics, surgical/medical interventions, discharge, and support services.
- Serves as point of contact, clinical leader and resource to staff and administration.
- Provides patients and family with needed information for the transition from active treatment to managing their condition independently.
- Patient care may involve inpatient and outpatient services.
- Patient care needs will vary depending on the service line area.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision and values of Tampa General Hospital.
- Must have a Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing with licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse by the State of Florida.
- Three years related work experience required.
- Oncology experience required.
- Previous Patient Navigator experience highly preferred.
To learn more about Tampa General Hospital or to apply, please visit www.tgh.org/careers