St. Vincent Medical Center
The Patient Navigator at St. Vincent Medical Center is responsible for coordinating and navigating the care of patients throughout the care continuum with emphasis on the Bundled Payment Care Improvement – Advanced (BPCI-A) patients. They must ensure open communication with providers, patients and caregivers to coordinate services within the organization, at outside facilities, at home and physician offices within the community. The Patient Navigator operates in an outcomes-driven environment, utilizing appropriate resources to monitor clinical, financial and operational outcomes, providing an excellent patient experience.
- Current California RN license.
- Current BLS card from American Heart Association.
- Los Angeles City Fire/Safety Card within 30 days of hire.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or other related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills, telephone etiquette and customer service.
- Able to effectively collaborate with physicians, ancillary staff, patients and families/caregivers.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of appropriate clinical course throughout the care episode.
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Outlook and Word, with general knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent time management.
- Must be available after hours as needed for patient or family/caregiver consultation.
Los Angeles, California
About the Company
Patients from around the world come to St. Vincent Medical Center to receive compassionate, healing care. Founded in 1856 as the first hospital in Los Angeles, St. Vincent is a 366-bed acute care facility and surgical specialty hospital, providing tertiary services for advanced medical diagnosis and treatment. Serving nearly 3 million residents in the downtown area, the medical center receives ongoing philanthropic support from generous individuals and organizations that align with its service to the community through the St. Vincent Medical Center Foundation.