The mission of the Technology and Innovation Committee is to focus on the use of technology to capture data/metrics for evaluation, improve quality in navigation, and provide patient education and navigator resources.
- Identified webinar series with options of live meetings at regional and national meetings to support AONN+ membership needs
- Key topics discussed for potential webinar series – especially connected to navigation metrics – include assessing navigation software; becoming part of the decision-making team for IT solutions that support navigation; financial navigation; navigator resources from third-party organizations (ie, advocacy organizations, professional organizations)
- Article in AONN+ newsletter—Technology Is Everywhere! Let’s Use It to Support Our Work in Patient Navigation
2019 GoalsAONN+ Technology & Innovation (T&I) Committee focuses on using technology to support and facilitate patient navigation in 3 ways:
- Capture data/metrics for evaluation (eg, integration into EMR)
- Quality improvement in navigation (eg, identifying patients, case review)
- patient education and navigator resources (eg, use of smartphones and mobile devices, access to digital health tools)