Policy and Advocacy Committee
The mission of the Policy and Advocacy Committee is to utilize legislative, regulatory, and policy advocacy to protect and promote the practice of oncology patient navigation in order to best serve individuals and families impacted by cancer.
- Promote access to comprehensive, timely, affordable, and high-quality cancer care for all patients through public policy and grassroots advocacy
- Identify policy opportunities to advance the patient navigation profession
- Develop grassroots tools and encourage AONN+ members to engage in policy advocacy
- Work with allied organizations on policy issues of common interest
Now recruiting AONN+ members for the Policy and Advocacy Committee!
We invite you to take an active role in our evergrowing organization by becoming a part of the Policy and Advocacy Committee. Here is a quick summary of this exciting commitment:
- Approximately one 60-minute conference call every 1-2 months
- Ad hoc time necessary to complete tasks as assigned by the committee
Our Multidisciplinary Team for the Policy and Advocacy Committee:
- Clinical Navigator
- Patient Navigator
- Social Worker